Full-Time Biomedical Equipment Technician II - Denver, CO
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
Requisition Number: 20-18070
The goal of the Field Service Technician II position is to provide excellent customer support for HSS customers and their mission. This position completes repairs, service work, and preventive maintenance on customer's medical equipment in accordance with established HSS policies and procedures. The Field Service Technician II works with a high degree of autonomy and provides a high level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs service work and preventive maintenance of medical equipment and ensures completion of the percentage requested by customers.
* Repairs equipment as needed including failure assessment, parts orders, delivery back to customers, and keeping customers informed of status.
* Resolves issues pertaining to the medical equipment and works with customers to ensure medical equipment and technology is working within specifications.
* Accurately documents and keeps detailed records of all work-related activities.
* Performs scheduled inspections.
* Provides customer support of non-PM and non-repair issues such as following up on customer questions, attending meetings, and research issues.
* Provides all other support as requested by the manager.
* Works and interacts with current and prospective clients, other employees, sales representatives, vendors, medical personnel, patients, guests, and visitors.
* Other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Stays abreast of changes in medical equipment technology.
* Actively works to gain more knowledge and experience.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Associates degree or equivalent military training in associated field preferred
* 2-4 years of hands-on experience performing medical equipment repair and maintenance
* Broad experience with general medical devices, test equipment, and hand tools
* Broad experience operating electronic and specialized test equipment; troubleshooting equipment faults, and performing quality assurance testing on a variety of medical equipment
* Working knowledge of healthcare regulations pertaining to equipment, industry standards, codes, and procedures regarding safety and HIPAA.
* General mechanical and electrical knowledge
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work with limited supervision.
* Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees as well as customers both verbally and in writing.
* Proficiency with computers to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new software
* Ability to perform general arithmetic
* Ability to perform duties with a high level of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
* Working towards applicable industry certification (CBET, CLES, CRES, Network, Pressure Vessel, etc.) 1-3 Certifications preferred
* Demonstrated ability to perform duties as assigned
* Must have a valid driver's license and able to meet HSS driving requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This is a full-time position. Work hours will vary depending on client schedules, project deadlines, and the needs of the company. Workweeks may exceed the standard 40 hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. The environment may be fast-paced and stressful. Approximately 50-75% local and domestic overnight travel is required and may include one or more of the following: Day and/or Overnight, by plane and/or car.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 100 pounds (may request assistance). Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis, and formulation. While visiting client locations, individuals may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, chemicals, bodily fluids, and other conditions commonly found in customer environments. Able to drive a vehicle.
HSS job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other status protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Full-Time Biomedical Equipment Technician II - Denver, CO
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage