Security Installation Technician
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
Requisition Number: 20-17934
This position supports the department mission with the installation and service of low voltage electronic security systems and equipment, verifying system performance, and maintaining records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Programs, installs, tests, troubleshoots, and maintains low voltage electronic security systems and products.
- Runs and installs wire, reads blueprints, mounts system panels and devices, and wires circuit and electrical connections for access control, CCTV and intrusion detection systems.
- Verifies security system /equipment functionality by testing equipment, connections, and signals; identifies and corrects problems.
- Maintains records by documenting installation.
- Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices.
- Works and interacts with current and prospective employees, current and prospective clients, sales representatives, vendors, guests, and visitors.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continually fosters HSS Core Values to all.
- Keeps security information confidential.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with facility management personnel, local public safety agencies, and HSS colleagues.
- Participates in after hours service program.
- Provides other duties at the direction of or in the absence of the Team Leader.
- Minimum High School Diploma plus some college in a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of low voltage experience to include electrical wiring, electronics installation and mechanical equipment installation (knowledge of DC Electronics).
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use metering devices.
- Current and valid driver license and ability to meet the company's driving requirements.
- Proficiency with office computers and XP Office Suite, Excel, Project Management software.
- Expresses thoughts clearly and concisely (written and verbal).
- Ability to use independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate a strong customer service aptitude and sincere willingness to serve and do right by the customer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to stand for extended periods using handheld equipment and power tools. May also spend time walking, standing, and touring medical and other facilities. May lift and carry up to 50lbs. May encounter frequent climbing of stairs and ladders. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation. While visiting client locations, individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, chemicals, bodily fluids, and other conditions commonly found in medical and other environments.
Community / Marketing Title: Security Installation Technician
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage