Director of Operations - HCA Gulf Coast Division
Location: Webster, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 20-17770
Director of Operations
HCA - Gulf Coast Division
The Director of Security is responsible for implementation of HSS security initiatives. This position is accountable for HSS Security Division objectives by assisting in the development of the strategies, programs, and policies necessary to meet client needs. Directs all security activities and staff within the assigned customer base. Monitors overall quality effectiveness and makes expert recommendations to HSS leadership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs staff including assistant directors, security managers, supervisors and their work activities.
- Hires, manages, motivates, coaches, and formally evaluates the performance of all direct reports
- Collaborates with various clients and HSS leaders to implement effective security programs.
- Regularly analyzes security functions and make suggestions, recommendations or changes when appropriate to increase effectiveness and productivity.
- Reviews reports and situations for potential negative impact and makes decisions accordingly.
- Directs resources and ensures adequate security coverage of client locations, to include extra coverage and special events.
- Assists with client and security personnel investigation and makes disciplinary decisions.
- Develops and implements internal controls to ensure staff compliance with security orders, competency tasks, and assigned duties.
- Identifies program issues and potential negative situations; develops and formulates possible solutions; reports possible countermeasures to appropriate leaders.
- Executes the HSS Quality Management Program such as ensuring the quality of various required preparedness drills, surveys, and other program activities.
- Plans, conducts, and documents emergency drills and exercises for client locations such as Infant Abduction Drills, Workplace Violence, Hostage, and others.
- Creates, modifies, and updates policies, procedures, standards and guidelines for security operations and serves in a consultative and policy-setting role as related to the implementation and management of administrative solutions.
- Ensures necessary reports are provided to assigned clients in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develops RFP's as necessary.
- Maintains a partnership relationship with clients, local public safety agencies, and HSS leadership and administration.
- Manages budgets and purchase and make recommendations for other company expenditures.
- Works and interacts with employees, prospective employees, clients, vendors, guests, patients, medical personnel, law enforcement, and other governmental agencies.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs duties at the direction of or in the absence of direct leadership.
- Attends HSS and facility conferences and meetings.
- Prepares reports and conducts presentations.
- Trains security personnel as necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in related field. Masters Degree Preferred
- Minimum 7 - 10 years of security management or law enforcement experience.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certification or Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) certification required within one year of eligibility
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership, site leadership, and entry-level personnel.
- Strong leadership skills and world class customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Conceptual and critical thinking skills and the ability to present ideas in a clear and compelling manner with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with computers as well as word processing, data management, and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Office products including ability to learn the VISION Labor Management software, and e-SRT
- Demonstrated ability to independently interpret and promote corporate policies and procedures
- Current and valid driver license and ability to meet the company's driving requirements
- Excellent people skills and ability to develop and manage successful business relationships with clients and prospective clients
- Ability to perform duties while maintaining a high degree of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
- Ability to demonstrate consensus building and negotiation skills within an organizational climate of collegiality and diverse operational activities.
- Ability to function with strategic orientation and act tactically as required.
- Ability and sincere willingness to work with the team and direct reports and take a "hands-on" approach.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to sit for extended periods using computer and telephone equipment in a typical office setting. May also spend time walking and standing. May lift and carry up to 50lbs. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation. While visiting client locations, individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, chemicals, bodily fluids, and other conditions commonly found in client environments.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Operations - HCA Gulf Coast Division
Location_formattedLocationLong: Webster, Texas US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage