Full-Time Biomed Service Tech-Sterilizer Specialist
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
Requisition Number: 20-16994
The goal of the Sterilizer Specialist/Field Service Engineer is to optimize the safety, effectiveness, and efficiency of Sterilizers and related equipment used for patient care by providing periodic inspections, preventative maintenance, repairs, and calibration and customer support for HSS customers and their mission. This position completes repair service work and preventative maintenance on equipment in accordance with established HSS policies and procedures. In addition to Sterilizers, OR lights, OR tables, Washers, and Ultrasonic cleaners are also serviced. Works with a high degree of autonomy and provides a high level of customer service.
The HSS Medical Equipment Management (MEM) team supports numerous nationally & internationally renowned health care facilities. Our MEM Field Service Engineers demonstrate our 8 Pillars of Success in all of their customer interactions.
Those pillars are Service, Image, Reward, Advocacy, Training, Team, Benefits, and Advancement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs service work and maintenance of medical equipment and ensures completion of the percentage requested by the manager.
* Resolves issues pertaining to the medical equipment and works with other shop staff to ensure equipment and technology is working within specifications.
* Accurately documents and keeps detailed records of all work-related activities as specified by the manager.
* Performs scheduled inspections and testing as asked.
* Provides support of the equipment repair process such as following up on customer questions, attending meetings, support of field service engineers, and research issues.
* Perform repetitive job tasks required in the servicing and remunerating of equipment.
* Provides all other support as requested by the manager.
* Cleaning and preparing parts and assemblies for replacement
* Works and interacts with current and prospective clients, other employees, sales representatives, vendors, medical personnel, guests, and visitors.
* Work with equipment to meet regulatory requirements.
* Teach and train personnel on the steps and process of repair and maintenance. Oversee and qualify work of other shop employees as required by the manager
* Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of three years of field experience supporting sterilizer equipment and OR lights, beds, tables, and washers.
* Broad experience with hand tools, power tools, electrical equipment
* General experience operating electronic and specialized test equipment; troubleshooting equipment faults; and performing quality assurance testing on a variety of equipment
* General knowledge of regulations pertaining to equipment, industry standards, codes, and procedures regarding safety and OSHA.
* Ability to drive company-owned commercial vehicles,
* Ability to work ambidextrously assembling small parts and wiring harnesses.
* General mechanical, and electrical knowledge.
* Good organizational skills and ability to work with limited supervision.
* Ability to read and interpret schematics to include wiring diagrams.
* Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of employees as well as customers both verbally and in writing.
* Proficiency with computers to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new software
* Ability to perform general arithmetic
* Ability to perform duties with a high level of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
* High School Diploma or General Educational Development certificate (GED) is required
* Suitable to support technical requirements of the position, including but not limited to: cumulative formal education (two or 4-year engineering technology/science, preferred); military education, specialized training certificates, or equivalent on-the-job experience.
Certification in a related field is desirable; compulsory if required by law. Must be eligible for ICC/AAMI certification if the work field is biomedical equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This is a full-time position. Work hours will vary depending on client schedules, project deadlines, and the needs of the company. Workweeks may exceed the standard 40 hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. The environment may be fast-paced and stressful. Approximately 50-75% local and domestic overnight travel is required and may include one or more of the following: Day and/or Overnight, by plane and/or car. While performing the duties of this position, individuals may be required to stand, bend, kneel, and walk for extended periods of time working with equipment and wearing personal protective equipment in a production or fabrication environment. Will use a normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. May be required to lift and move up to 50 lbs., push, or pull up to 400 lbs. (may request assistance). May be required to work in confined or small spaces and qualify for fit testing or breathing or respiration equipment. Individuals may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, electrical equipment, bodily fluids, pathogens, loud noise, fumes/odors, toxic or flammable chemicals, and materials, and other conditions commonly found in fabrication or medical environments. Individuals will often be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties.
HSS job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Full-Time Biomed Service Tech-Sterilizer Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage