Full-Time Armed Security Officer - Denver Water
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
Requisition Number: 20-17659
Provides direct security and related public services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may include but are not limited to areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional ability to quickly grasp various situations, develop rapport with emotionally disturbed people, and understand when people are or are not processing information, and be supportive or directive as needed.
- Physically intervenes during crises. This includes the functional ability to physically restrain people, requiring retention of trained knowledge under stress as well as the ability to meet significant physical demands including those of a struggle with someone physically larger and heavier, while making all possible efforts not to inflict injury. It includes the ability to continue to request or direct compliance from people while they are being restrained.
- Escorts persons and assists client personnel.
- Is constantly alert and vigilant for activities which could result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property.
- Writes accurate, clear, and legible reports.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers, client staff members and other client vendors.
- Maintains a functional knowledge of a facility and where applicable of multiple facilities.
- Enforces and abides by all policies and guidelines of the client and HSS.
- Performs other duties at the direction of the Security leader and/or any other recognized leadership personnel.
- Safely handle and maintain firearm that meets HSS guidelines.
- Apply HSS' Use of Force Policy appropriately
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency required. Prefer college degree in criminal justice or security discipline or successful completion of police academy or experience in one of the following areas:
- Military Police
- Correctional Officer
- Law Enforcement
- Healthcare Security Officer with HSS
- Prefer previous experience working with the public in a service setting
- IAHSS Basic Officer, Advanced Officer and Supervisor Certifications preferred or must be completed within 1 year of assignment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or client/contract specific licenses or certifications
- Ability to complete all training and pass all competency tasks in the allotted time period to include, but not limited to, TEAM training, Basic Firearms and TASER training, HSS and client new employee orientation and security procedures and policies
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet HSS' driving guidelines if applicable
- Ability to work, interact and communicate effectively with diverse people including HSS employees, client employee, patients, visitors, physicians, the public or client vendors
- Ability to comprehend and execute written or verbal instructions
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language proficiently
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Proficient in basic computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and email with the ability to learn other programs such as security incident management software and/or client specific software
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with HSS' attendance policy
- Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist people and provide protection
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable jurisdictional armed security license(s) or certifications and/or client/contract specific licenses or certifications
- Ability to meet the requirements of a psychological screening assessment conducted by a licensed psychologist
TASER QUALIFICATIONS (required for all Master Security Officer positions)
- Ability to meet qualification standards when initially placed in a TASER position and annually thereafter
- Ability to obtain and maintain any applicable local or state license or permit to carry a TASER
- Ability to participate in and pass additional TASER training at the discretion of the TASER instructor and/or HSS
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of the HSS Conducted Energy Weapon (TASER), HSS Taser Policy
ARMED (Handgun) QUALIFICATIONS (only for those locations/positions required to carry a handgun)
- Ability to obtain and maintain any applicable local or state license or permit to carry a weapon
- Ability to pass the initial and semi-annual HSS approved firearms training course to demonstrate proficiency in use of firearm
- Ability to participate and meet the requirements of additional firearms training at the discretion of the firearms instructor
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of the HSS Firearms policies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing this job, individual will walk, stand, sit, observe and drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers, emergency equipment or other required equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision. May be required to drive a vehicle.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Full-Time Armed Security Officer - Denver Water
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
CountryEEOText_Description: US EEO Verbiage