Network & Cyber Security Analyst (IoMT)
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 25344
Evaluates and makes recommendations on how to best maintain medical devices and related applications, services, and hardware to ensure availability and security. Designs and implements device monitoring, patch management, and risk assessments and provides oversight of clinical engagement and life cycle support to meet business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Serves as a bridge between health system information technology staff and medical equipment management staff to translate requirements, make recommendations on best practices, and ensure they are implemented.
- Reviews and analyzes medical device configurations.
- Assists with the evaluation and recommendation of hardware and software consistent with the organization's short- and long-term strategic objectives.
- Works with manufacturers to implement configurations, patches, and best practices surrounding each device.
- Investigates and resolves software and hardware on medical devices when appropriate.
- Monitors notifications responds to system outages and performs periodic maintenance activities and hardware and/or software installs and upgrades.
- Travels to remote sites for testing, troubleshooting, installing and maintaining equipment.
- Is aware of, adheres to, and ensures compliance with controls associated with HIPAA privacy and security rules.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Expands department's knowledge base through training sessions, joint and group projects, independent research, and other available methods.
- Stays abreast of advances in technology.
- Supports other team members as needed.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, preferably in Information Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certifications in one or more preferred HCISSP, CISSP, SSCP
- CISA, OR GSNA certifications desired
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in computer hardware and/or software installation
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in medical equipment field service industry with proven knowledge and skill in maintaining medical equipment
- Direct work experience with Windows Operating Systems, client and/or server
- Work experience with Linux or Windows operating system preferred
- Experience with cybersecurity risk assessment and framework standards such as NIST 800-30 and NIST 800-53
- Experience assessing vulnerability announcements and implementing patches and/or other compensating cybersecurity controls
- Proficient in the use of testing instruments, devices, simulators, and tools associated with servicing medical equipment
- Understanding of LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) operation and protocols
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve equipment malfunctions
- Knowledge of quality standards from any of the following: ISO13485, 21 CF Part 820, ISO900x desired
- Experience in the healthcare, and/or security industries is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting many technologies including, but not limited to Windows Server, Active Directory, Virtualization, Exchange, SQL, Interfaces and future technologies as they are utilized by the organization a plus
- Knowledge of HIPAA requirements preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and reasoning abilities
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions in both routine and complex situations
- Ability to adapt and change based on circumstances
- Ability to work with and interact with executives, company officers, managers, employees, applicants, clients, prospective clients, sales representatives, vendors, and guests
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work with high degree of independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate
- Ability to obtain/maintain driver's license and meet HSS' driving requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
This is a full-time position that may require work during the evening or on weekends both on-site or remotely and can be demanding and stressful.
While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to sit for extended periods using computer and telephone equipment in a typical office setting. May push, pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation. May occasionally be required to physically bend, crouch, crawl, kneel, reach, or twist. Will travel on occasion by car or plane.
HSS job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Network & Cyber Security Analyst (IoMT)
Requisition Number: 19-19613
EEO Employer Verbiage: