Full-Time Armed Security Agent - Denver Government Services
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 24405
ARMED Security Agent
This position offers the following possible shifts:
Shifts include: Days & Flex
Shifts Duration: 8 hours
Provide direct security and related public services in our Downtown Denver City and County Buildings.
ARMED (Handgun) QUALIFICATIONS (only for those locations/positions required to carry a handgun)
- Ability to complete and pass work-related fit for duty testing prior to assignment
- Ability to obtain and maintain any applicable local or state license or permit to carry a weapon
- Ability to pass the initial and semi-annual HSS approved firearms training course to demonstrate proficiency in use of firearm
- Ability to participate and meet the requirements of additional firearms training at the discretion of the firearms instructor
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of the HSS Firearms and Use of Force Policies
High School Diploma or General Education Degree
Obtain applicable jurisdictional security license (s; may require motor vehicle drivers license; complete TEAM training, HSS and Facility New Employee Orientation upon employment with HSS. Ability to obtain client/contract specific licenses or certifications which may include, but is not limited to, CPR/First Aid, NRA, IAHSS, etc.
Read, write, and speak English language; able to write routine reports and correspondence; possess basic computer skills; meet applicable license requirements; observe, walk, stand, sit, or drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision.
Please note: All officers will complete part time introductory period and immediately be put on a promotional track to a full time Armed Officer status with in the first few months of employment.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Full-Time Armed Security Agent - Denver Government Services
Requisition Number: 19-18417
EEO Employer Verbiage: