Full-Time Security Training Officer - Washington Dulles International Airport
Location: Dulles, Virginia US
Job Number: 24196
Trainers will be responsible for facilitation of training to all Security Agents working at the airport.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of all airport posts and proven ability to train Security personnel.
- Maintains a functional knowledge of a facility and, where applicable, of multiple facilities.
- Responds quickly and effectively to training requests.
- Facilitate training to both small and large groups, including New Security Officer Orientation (NSOO).
- Ensure Security Officers complete training fully capable of performing post duties.
- Communicates effectively with diverse people including employees, visitors, clients or their representatives or client vendors.
- Comprehends and executes written or verbal instructions.
- Writes accurate, clear, and legible reports, including via electronic device.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers, client staff members and other client vendors.
- Enforces and abides by all policies and guidelines of the client and HSS.
- Performs other duties at the direction of the Security leader and/or any other recognized leadership personnel.
- Must be Twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
- US Citizenship is required.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency. Bachelor's Degree in Aviation Management, Security Management, Law Enforcement or a closely related field is preferable.
- Two (2) year's site-specific experience at the airport, a TSR 1542 regulated airport or as approved by the Contract Manager. Experience in security, loss prevention or law enforcement is a bonus. Prior management and/or supervisory experience may be substituted for the required experience at the discretion of the Contract Security Manager. Security related education may be substituted for one year of the minimum experience requirement as approved by the Contract Security Manager.
- Ability to facilitate all training and pass all competency tasks in the allotted time period to include, but not limited to, HSS and client new employee orientation and security procedures and policies.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of site-specific Post Orders.
- Act in a mature, responsible manner to set an example for Security Agents. Foster a positive working relationship and be available and supportive as a training resource to those in the field.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong verbal skills, as well as a high attention to detail as this post deals directly with executives and airport professionals.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or client/contract specific licenses or certifications.
- Valid state driver's license with clear driving record preferred.
- Ability to work and interact with a variety of people including, but not limited to, HSS employees, client employee, visitors, and the general public.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language proficiently.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficient using standard office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Training systems
- Ability to learn HSS Scheduling software and/or client specific software
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with HSS' attendance policy.
- Ability to meet HSS's driving requirements and maintain a valid driver's license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a full-time position. Work hours will vary depending on client schedules, project deadlines, and the needs of the company. Typical workweeks may exceed the standard 40 hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Environment may be fast paced and stressful. Approximately 10-25% local and domestic overnight travel is required and may include one or more of the following: Day and/or Overnight, by plane and/or car.
While performing this job, individual will walk, stand, sit, observe and drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs; occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis, and formulation. Individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, chemicals, bodily fluids, and other conditions commonly found in customer environments. Self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision. Able to drive a vehicle.
HSS job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dulles, Virginia US
Community / Marketing Title: Full-Time Security Training Officer - Washington Dulles International Airport
Requisition Number: 19-18735
EEO Employer Verbiage: