Full-Time Armed Shift Supervisor - Denver Government Services
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 24153
ARMED SHIFT SUPERVISOR
Implements and oversees the security operation for assigned shifts and supervises security officers and other assigned personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
* Supervises security officers and other assigned personnel and ensures they perform their functions effectively.
* Assigns security duties and maintains appropriate staffing levels as circumstances warrant in accordance with HSS and client policies and procedures.
* Trains employees.
* Evaluates and documents employee performance.
* Assumes responsibility of the Security Facility Supervisor/Security Program Manager in their absence when directed to do so.
* Assists the Security Facility Supervisor/Security Program Manager with administrative tasks as needed.
* Applies policies and procedures appropriately based on existing circumstances.
* Reviews employee reports and provides guidance for corrections and/or improvements.
* Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers, client staff members, other client vendors, visitors and the general public.
* Performs duties of security officer as needed which includes but is not limited to:
o Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may include but are not limited to areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas.
o Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations.
o Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional ability to quickly grasp various situations, develop rapport with emotionally disturbed people, and understand when people are or are not processing information, and be supportive or directive as needed.
o Ability to physically intervene during crises. This includes the functional ability to physically restrain people, requiring retention of trained knowledge under stress as well as the ability to meet significant physical demands including those of a struggle with someone physically larger and heavier, while making all possible efforts not to inflict injury. It includes the ability to continue to request or direct compliance from people while they are being restrained.
* Maintains a thorough knowledge of a facility and, where applicable, of multiple facilities.
* Performs other duties at the direction of or in the absence of the Security Facility Supervisor/Security Program Manager.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Associates Degree or higher formal education strongly preferred
* IAHSS Basic Officer, Advanced Officer and Supervisor Certifications preferred or must be completed with 1 year of promotion.
* Prefer 1 year of supervisory experience; healthcare security or service industry experience desired.
* Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist people and provide protection
* Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language proficiently
* Ability to effectively write routine reports and correspondence
* Proficient in basic computer skills and ability to learn labor management software and security incident management software
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing this job, individual will walk, stand, sit, observe and drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision
Work Hours: Mon-Fri 0630-1430 hrs.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Full-Time Armed Shift Supervisor - Denver Government Services
Requisition Number: 19-18665
EEO Employer Verbiage: