Full-Time Healthcare Operations Manager (Children's Hospital)
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 25941
Under the direction of the Director, the Security Operations Manager provides operational support, value-added services, strategic leadership, and management for HSS Security accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Supervises security facility leadership and assists with areas of responsibility as needed.
- Provides consistent communication to multiple clients about program effectiveness, strategic and tactical improvement opportunities, and Security Service best practices.
- Assists Director with contract negotiations and billing/invoicing
- Provides consistent progress reports and data to clients to inform decision making.
- Assists with client and security personnel investigation and provides input for disciplinary activities.
- Assists in development and ensures the completion of competency tasks and facility orders.
- Provides leadership coaching and professional development for all direct reports
- Effectively hires, manages, and formally evaluates the performance of all direct reports.
- Develops and implements internal controls to ensure field staff compliance with facility orders, competency tasks, and assigned duties.
- Creates, modifies, and updates policies, procedures, standards and guidelines for field operations and serves in a consultative and policy-setting role as related to the implementation and management of administrative solutions.
- Coordinates resources and ensures adequate security coverage of client locations, to include extra coverage and special events.
- Analyzes program effectiveness, productivity, and profitability and makes recommendations and/or changes as appropriate.
- Coordinates and assists with various security personnel training programs as needed.
- Manages budgets, purchases, and makes recommendations for other company expenditures.
- Independently interprets and promotes corporate policy and procedures.
- Assists with crafting responses to RFPs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works and interacts with other employees, prospective employees, prospective and current clients, sales representatives, vendors, and visitors.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the facilities security representative and other facility management personnel, and local public safety agencies.
- Writes letters of recognition and thank you notes for successful or positive situations involving HSS and its staff.
- Participates as needed as a transition team member for all newly acquired security clients.
- Works with fleet manager to coordinate the assignment, repair, and maintenance of field vehicles.
- Conducts staff meetings.
- Prepares additional reports and conducts presentations when necessary
- Trains security personnel as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in related field preferred
- Minimum 2 -- 3 years security management/supervisory experience
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certification or Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) certification required within one year of eligibility
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership, site leadership, and entry-level personnel.
- Strong leadership skills
- World class customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Conceptual and critical thinking skills and the ability to present ideas in a clear and compelling manner with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with computers as well as word processing, data management, and spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Office products to include ability to learn the VISION Labor Management Software, and e-SRTä
- Proven ability to work as part of a high performance team
- Demonstrated ability to independently interpret and promote corporate policy and procedures
- Current and valid driver license and ability to meet the company's driving requirements
- Excellent people skills and ability to develop and manage successful business relationships with clients and prospective clients
- Ability to perform duties while maintaining a high degree of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to sit for extended periods using computer and telephone equipment in a typical office setting. May also spend time walking and standing. May lift and carry up to 50lbs. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation. While visiting client locations, individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, chemicals, bodily fluids, and other conditions commonly found in client environments. Ability to drive a vehicle.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Full-Time Healthcare Operations Manager (Children's Hospital)
Requisition Number: 20-16967
EEO Employer Verbiage: