HR Business Partner - Austin, TX
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 25858
Partners with business leaders and functional centers of excellence to drive and deliver company-wide programs and initiatives. Responsible for guiding the organization through HR related initiatives in the areas of talent management, organizational change, engagement, teammate relations, performance management, compensation, leadership development, change management, and workforce diversity programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains a position of trusted advisor to management and senior leaders on all HR related matters and strategies.
- Understands the needs of the business; identifies creative solutions and provides recommendations in alignment with HR and business strategies.
- Deploys and guides company leaders on all HR annual programs.
- Leads Employee Relations / Labor Relations programs, improvement, design, and management training.
- Partners with leaders to understand talent needs to create workforce plans, guides the business through organizational structure design, implementation and change management.
- Partners with business leaders and teammates on to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partners with business leaders to provide day-to-day performance management guidance (i.e. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary action).
- Conducts defensible investigations related to ethics violations, harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
- Provides consultation on corrective action, discipline, terminations, and reductions in force.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation to business leaders and responds to teammate complaints.
- Drives initiatives regarding culture, organizational change, engagement and organizational effectiveness.
- Monitors the workforce metrics, identifies trends that may impact business performance, escalate as appropriate.
- Provides insight on change management strategies and program design based on knowledge of client needs.
- Provides guidance and support on HR related programs and initiatives and the change management strategies in order to influence program design, timing, communication, tools, etc.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Participates or leads cross functional/cross Talent and Culture projects and programs for enterprise-wide impact.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in HR/organizational development or related business field plus 5 years of HR generalist experience with minimum two years' experience of demonstrated partnership with senior level leads in the organization or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SHRM- CP/SHRM- SCP or PHR/SPHR, preferred.
- Solid knowledge of human capital management principles and practices; knowledge of implementation techniques for effective deployment of human capital management strategies
- Ability to partner with leaders of large groups to help navigate the business through significant change utilizing effective project management and change management techniques and processes.
- A broad technical expertise in employee relations, engagement and retention, compensation, policy interpretation and application, learning and development, planning and other HR processes and programs.
- Possesses excellent communication skills (written and verbal), conveying information with confidence and clarity
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with all levels in the business
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to be flexible and available to interact with teammates at all levels; ability to be self-directed and motivated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
This is a full-time position. Work hours will vary depending on client schedules, project deadlines, and the needs of the company. Workweeks may exceed 40 hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Environment may be fast paced and stressful.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will spend approximately 75% of the time sitting and will walk or sit 25% of the time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; occasionally the employee will stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis, and formulation.
HSS job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: HR Business Partner - Austin, TX
Requisition Number: 20-17040
EEO Employer Verbiage: