Full-Time - HR Specialist - DEN
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 25760
This position provides human resources support for HSS' contract at Denver International Airport (DEN). Responsible for implementing human resources initiatives, policy administration, and legal compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Applies and implements HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Responds to employee questions related to HR policies and procedures, benefits, worker's compensation, recruiting and payroll, and partners with the appropriate specialist at the corporate office as required.
- Manages leaves of absences for assigned geographic area to include completing required documentation and tracking.
- Advises managers and supervisors on how to apply HR policies and procedures in handling personnel matters.
- Applies professional judgement, discretion, confidentiality, and integrity within all duties and interactions.
- Conducts investigations as necessary.
- Responds to unemployment claims, appeals and subpoena requests, and represents HSS at unemployment hearings as necessary.
- Conducts exit interviews as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains Human Resources Information System records and prepares reports as needed.
- Responsible for attendance and parking programs.
- Maintains employee files, in addition to discipline/investigation records, in accordance with local, state and federal laws as well as company policy.
- Conducts research and analyzes functions to make suggestions and recommendations as necessary.
- Conducts new employee orientations.
- Assists and supports all HR activities/duties as assigned.
- Oversees special events such as meetings and employee events; and supports general office functions as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field plus 2 years of general human resources experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of employment laws, FMLA and state leave laws, affirmative action, labor relations, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, and agency rules.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Highly proficient with office computers, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and HRIS systems.
- Proficiency with fax machines, calculators, printers, copiers, and other standard office machines.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all level of an organization and with outside vendors.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning skills to resolve complex issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously while continuing to provide quality work.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Working Conditions: Flexibility as to schedule; may be required to work occasional evening hours and weekends.
- Typical Mental Demands: Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Must be able to work with a diverse workforce and be able to communicate effectively with everyone.
- Typical Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. May be required to push, pull, carry or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Machines and Equipment to be Used: Computers, calculators, fax machines, telephones and a variety of other office equipment.
- This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
HSS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Full-Time - HR Specialist - DEN
Requisition Number: 20-16939
EEO Employer Verbiage: