Full-Time Accounts Payable Specialist - Corporate Office Denver
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 25735
The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Controller, is full time, hourly paid, and is considered a key operations business partner within HSS. There are no direct reports. The role is directly responsible for prompt and accurate payment processing to HSS Vendors and Employees while ensuring verification and reconciliation of support documentation. The role involves making routine choices within established procedures. This includes basic troubleshooting to reconcile account balances and inquiry to obtain missing information or verify unusual data. An intermediate level of computer skill is required primarily involving the use of the NetSuite accounting system, Adobe Acrobat (or similar PDF viewer software) and Excel to compile or extract data. Work is relatively independent, with supervision available to address non-routine questions. The role requires a general understanding of accounting principles commensurate with 2+ years of accounting training or experience. Primary customers of the position are external vendors and internal team members of HSS. It is imperative that the Accounts Payable Specialist forms and maintains exceptional relationships with these constituencies. Great customer service is key to success of the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Pays vendors and regulatory agencies by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id number; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Respond to all vendor inquiries, researches by collaborating with internal and external customers to resolve disputes and discrepancies while ensuring services are not interrupted
- Pays employees after receiving and verifying expense reports and request for advances; preparing checks
- Audit and process credit card bills
- Ensures proper approval and coding to accounts and business units by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Assist in month end accounting close
- 1099 maintenance
- Reports Sales and Use Taxes by calculating and validating requirements on paid invoices
- Sort and distribute incoming financial mail
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Continuously improve payment processes
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers and new and existing vendors, and sales representatives through a high degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the annual financial audit
- Cross trains for other accounting duties and functions
- Assist with other Accounting and Team functions, time availability dependent.
- Compiles special project data as assigned
- High School Diploma, some college course work in accounting preferred
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience; solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable principles
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient with office computers, Microsoft Office and Accounting software systems with NetSuite being a plus
- Proficient with calculators, printers, copiers, and other standard office machines
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations accurately
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with a diverse group of employees, managers and outside parties.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as a part of the accounting team
- Excellent customer service skills, detailed oriented and excellent analytical skills
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to sit for extended periods using computer and telephone equipment in a typical office environment. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation. May be required to push, pull, carry, or lift up to 10 lbs.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Full-Time Accounts Payable Specialist - Corporate Office Denver
Requisition Number: 20-16921
EEO Employer Verbiage: