Full-Time Security Facility Supervisor - West Hills Hosp & Med Ctr
Location: West Hills, California US
Job Number: 25700
Security Facility Supervisor -- West Hills Hosp & Med Ctr (Full-Time)
West Hills, CA
Do you consider yourself a protector, peacemaker, or a problem-solver? What if you consider yourself all three? Are you eager to be a part of the force for good?
If you're "HSS material" chances are these qualities will be second nature to you. Maybe you're the one we've been looking for. The one who will make a real difference.
HSS is seeking a Security Facility Supervisor to be a part of the force for good at West Hills Hosp & Med Ctr in West Hills, CA.
In addition to a competitive salary, here's what's in it for you:
- A strong job transfer and internal promotion program for exemplary employees
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Other topics can include: social responsibility law enforcement/veteran hiring practices? Ability to transition to different departments/move around within the company?
- Employee discount programs
- Teamwork and culture information
Your role as a Security Facility Supervisor will involve:
- Fulfill the Responsibilities, Qualifications, and Competencies of a Security Officer and a Security Shift Supervisor
- Obtain IAHSS Safety Certification within 6 months of assignment
- Obtain TEAM Trainer Certification within 1 month of assignment and maintain current certification as a condition of employment
- Conduct off-hours inspections
- Develop and update Facility Competency Tasks
- Manage site master schedule to include the daily schedule of all assigned security personnel
- Manage time card processing and payroll accuracy
- Manage overtime utilization
- Provide employee involvement/security awareness educational programs and workshops
- Analyze department functions and make suggestions, recommendations, and/or changes when appropriate to increase effectiveness and productivity
- Review reports and situations for potential negative impact
- Interact with various components and leaders of the facility to implement effectively the security program
- Identify program issues and potential negative situations; develop and formulate, and possible solutions; report to appropriate leaders possible countermeasures
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the Facility Security Representative, local public safety agencies, and HSS Administration
- Participate on facility committees and interface with appropriate facility departments
- Oversee the HSS security function; maintain HSS supplies and forms
- Ensure hospital incidents and applicable paperwork are properly documented and followed up
- Attend Living Leadership conferences and meetings as scheduled
- Perform other duties at the direction of or in the absence of the District or Regional Director
What are we looking for?
- Ability to obtain and maintain applicable licenses and certifications
- Strong vision abilities, including color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, focus adjusting
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire work shift, move or lift objects up to 80 lbs., help restrain or lift a person
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice or related discipline
- Require IAHSS Basic Officer, Advanced Officer, and Supervisor Training Certification within 6 months of assignment; must have Certified Healthcare Protection Professional Certificate within one year of eligibility
What would make you stand out?
- Previous work experience with the public in a service setting
- Prefer one year HSS supervisor experience and background in management in a service setting
- Require adequate public speaking skills to participate in and/or lead a committee meeting; require writing skills to document security program and periodic surveys; have general computer skills to include ability to learn VISION labor management software and E-SRT ä; manage multiple tasks simultaneously; manage and motivate employees
- Reports to District or Regional Director
Supervises: Shift Supervisors, Security Officers, Monitors, Transport Officers, and Valets.
At HSS, hospital security is in our DNA. We were founded to serve the hospital community and, as such, have grown as the industry's preeminent experts in the category. HSS leaders literally wrote the book on healthcare security. But because no two hospitals are alike, HSS tailors security solutions and continually raises industry standards by adapting best practices to unique customer and industry challenges. With HSS managing facility security, healthcare providers can focus their time and resources on what they do best--deliver outstanding patient care.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community here: https://hss.gr8people.com/index.gp?method=cappPortal.showStayInformed
HSS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Follow HSS on Social Media: Twitter - Facebook - LinkedIn
City: West Hills
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Hills, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Full-Time Security Facility Supervisor - West Hills Hosp & Med Ctr
Requisition Number: 20-16558
EEO Employer Verbiage: