Part-Time Security Agent - DEN
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 24369
Founded in Denver in 1967, HSS is one of the largest and foremost providers of specialized aviation security services in the U.S. HSS has over 15 years of experience at Large hub and Category X international airports. HSS Aviation Services provides a host of services tailored specifically for aviation including: Employee and vendor screening and inspections, credentialing, access control monitoring and response, perimeter and security patrols, and security queue management -- to assist airports in maintaining positive and highly secure environments for both the travelling public and employees of the airport community. In addition, HSS can bring to bear the company's state-of-the-art security system integration expertise when needed, as well as its significant depth of knowledge in threat assessment, needs analysis, and program management for security issues facing today's high traffic aviation facilities and installations.
Provides direct security and related public services for the Denver International Airport. Referred to as (DEN), Denver International Airport is the 15th-busiest airport in the world and the fifth-busiest airport in the United States. With more than 53 million passengers traveling through the airport each year, Denver International Airport is one of busiest airline hubs in the world's largest aviation market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may include, but are not limited to, areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas at Denver International Airport (DEN).
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional ability to quickly grasp various situations, develop rapport with upset people, and understand when people are or are not processing information, and be supportive or directive as needed.
- Escorts persons and assists client personnel.
- Is constantly alert and vigilant for activities which could result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property.
- Communicates effectively with diverse people including clients or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client vendors.
- Comprehends and executes written or verbal instructions.
- Writes accurate, clear, and legible reports via electronic device.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers, client staff members and other client vendors.
- Maintains a functional knowledge of a facility and, where applicable, of multiple facilities.
- Enforces and abides by all policies and guidelines of the client and HSS.
- Performs other duties at the direction of the Security leader and/or any other recognized leadership personnel.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- HSS will provide our driving employees paid employee parking at the airport or paid RTD travel if using RTD rail or bus lines for work commute.
- Must be Twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
- US Citizenship is required.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency.
- Two year's customer service experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong verbal skills, as well as a high attention to detail as this post deals directly with executives and airport professionals.
- Must be physically, mentally, and emotionally capable of performing all duties as defined by job description. Must be in good physical health and be fully capable of performing normal or emergency duties requiring moderate to arduous physical exertion, such as standing or walking for an entire shift, climbing stairs, running and self-defense. Security guards must be physically capable of performing continuous patrol rounds for the duration of assigned shifts. Security guards must also be capable of lifting a 25-lb. fire extinguisher, lifting and carrying a small child, and assisting in the lifting of handicapped persons during a building evacuation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or client/contract specific licenses or certifications.
- Ability to complete all training and pass all competency tasks in the allotted time period to include, but not limited to HSS and client new employee orientation and security procedures and policies.
- Valid Colorado driver's license with clear driving record preferred.
- Ability to work and interact with a variety of people including, but not limited to, HSS employees, client employee, visitors, and the general public.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language proficiently
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Maintain regular attendance in accordance with HSS' attendance policy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing this job, individual will walk, stand, sit, observe and drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision.
Shift Hours: Swings: 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law ~CB
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Part-Time Security Agent - DEN
Requisition Number: 19-16746
EEO Employer Verbiage: