Human Resources Specialist
Location: Livermore, California US
Job Number: 24319
This position provides human resources support for a portion of HSS' business for an assigned geographic area. Responsible for implementing human resources initiatives, policy administration, and legal compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Applies and implements HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Responds to employee questions related to HR policies and procedures, benefits, leave of absences, worker's compensation, recruiting and payroll, and partners with the appropriate specialist at the corporate office as required.
- Advises managers and supervisors on how to apply HR policies and procedures in handling personnel matters.
- Applies professional judgement, discretion, confidentiality, and integrity within all duties and interactions.
- Conducts investigations as necessary.
- Responds to unemployment claims, appeals and subpoena requests, and represents HSS at unemployment hearings as necessary.
- Tracks compliance and ensures all standards, in accordance with local, state and federal laws as well as inoculations and other medical requirements dictated by law and/or client contract.
- Oversees the ordering, managing and maintaining uniforms and distribution process.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains Human Resources Information System records and prepares reports as needed.
- Maintains employee files, in addition to discipline/investigation records, in accordance with local, state and federal laws as well as company policy.
- Conducts research and analyzes functions to make suggestions and recommendations as necessary.
- Conducts new employee orientations.
- Assists and supports all HR activities/duties as assigned.
- Oversees special events such as meetings and employee events, and supports general office functions as necessary.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field plus 2 years of general human experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of employment laws, affirmative action, labor relations, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, and agency rules.
- exposure to employee relations
- Experience with LOA process
- Experience with I9 compliance
- Experience HRIS maintenance
- policy support with leaders and teammates
- Multi-state/multi-site HR experience helpful.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Highly proficient with office computers, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and HRIS systems.
- Proficiency with fax machines, calculators, printers, copiers, and other standard office machines.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all level of an organization and with outside vendors.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning skills to resolve complex issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously while continuing to provide quality work.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
Machines and Equipment to be Used: Computers, calculators, fax machines, telephones and a variety of other office equipment.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. May be required to push, pull, carry or lift up to 25 pounds.
Typical Mental Demands: Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people from all walks of life and be able to communicate effectively with them.
Working Conditions: Flexibility as to schedule; will be required to work occasional evening hours and weekends.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Livermore, California US
Community / Marketing Title: Human Resources Specialist
Requisition Number: 19-18787
EEO Employer Verbiage: