Accounts Receivable Specialist/ Cash Poster
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 24275
The Accounts Receivable Specialist/Cash Poster is responsible for payment processing and the collection efforts for all HSS Divisions. This role will be customer service focused, serving as a key contact to facilitate payment of outstanding invoices, reconcile payment discrepancies, provide supporting documentation, monitor outstanding receivables at the customer and invoice level raising awareness with finance and operations leaders when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Post daily deposits in NetSuite System to proper customer
- ACH, credit card, check and cash payments
- Ensures that deposit posting in NetSuite is consistent with bank reports
- Attaches appropriate electronic documentation to deposits and/or payments in NetSuite
- Develops relationships with customer Accounts Payable Teams to assist in collection efforts
- Recommends customer bad debt write offs
- Prepares regular cash balance reports
- Identifies overpayments and/or duplicate payments and coordinates the application to future invoices
- Researches short payments to identify possible causes and coordinates resolution with HSS operations and customer accounts payable teams
- Raises awareness with finance leadership team when a customer becomes non-responsive to payment requests
- Maintains scheduled aging reports in NetSuite
- Sends monthly statements to customers
- Following standard timelines, sends late payment notices to customers
- Processes lien release requests which includes verification of invoice payments and confirmation with operations team that invoicing is complete
- Makes recommendations for improving efficiency and accuracy of information on the current accounting system
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with co-workers through a high degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Distributes petty cash as needed
- Takes cash deposits to the bank (mileage is reimbursed)
- Associate Degree in Business/Accounting OR two years' experience in general accounting
- Cash posting experience, preferably 1 year
- Strong data entry skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated experience with NetSuite or comparable accounting/ERP systems
- Advanced level of proficiency in Excel is required including pivot tables and filtering data
- Ability to prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions
- Proficient with standard office equipment including copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact with people at all levels within the organization, customers and vendors with a high degree of professionalism
- Keen eye for detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Proficient using standard office software such as Outlook
- Ability to read, write, and speak English language fluently
- Able to meet HSS' driving requirements and maintain a valid driver's license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
This is a full-time position. Work hours will vary depending on project deadlines and the needs of the company. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Workweeks may exceed 40 hours. Environment may be fast paced and stressful.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will spend approximately 75% of the time sitting and will walk or sit 25% of the time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; occasionally the employee will stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis, and formulation.
HSS job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist/ Cash Poster
Requisition Number: 19-18764
EEO Employer Verbiage: