Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 23968
The RFP Coordinator supports HSS' business development efforts by creating and ensuring the timely delivery of new business and key renewal proposals. Additionally, this position is responsible for the proactive identification of new business prospects by regularly monitoring specific sources of potential requests for proposal (RFPs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Coordinates the execution of an established cross-functional process for review of RFPs and production of proposals for renewing and new business across HSS divisions and service lines.
- Maintains, publishes and adheres to an accurate schedule of renewal dates for existing client contracts.
- Produces high quality proposals for new sales and renewals responsive to RFP requirements including the format and length required by the RFP issuer.
- Regularly and proactively reviews established sources for new sales opportunities consistent with HSS services and disseminates information about those opportunities to appropriate HSS leaders on a timely basis.
- Makes recommendations to improve the appearance, flow and length of proposals.
- Contributes substantially and effectively to the writing of proposals.
- Proofreads draft proposals to ensure that financial numbers tie throughout and to minimize redundancy of text.
- Ensures that proposals are submitted by required due dates and times.
- Creates and maintains proposal templates and employee biographies.
- Reports performance of wins/losses on submitted proposal.
- Accesses bid sites to monitor when RFPs become available and provides a summary of each RFP.
- Works with divisional and business support function leaders to coordinate finalization of proposals prior to submission.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and run effective meetings.
- Design and maintain proposal tracking sheets that are accurate and accessible to appropriate internal leaders.
- Holds bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years' of experience in producing, organizing, reviewing, coordinating and finalizing Request for Proposals (RFP).
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with all levels of internal and external individuals including employees, clients, prospects, vendors and sales representatives.
- Skilled at business writing appropriate for client proposals.
- Expert level skills in Word, Outlook, Adobe InDesign, and on-line meeting systems.
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM systems.
- Ability to learn basic graphic design software to create proposals.
- Excellent organizational and meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to flex work schedule as necessary depending on the flow of proposals.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with peers.
- Basic math skills for financial reviews.
- Ability to analyze proposal requirements and compare to business capabilities/goals.
- Proficient with basic office machines to include, but not limited to, copiers, scanners, printers and binding machines.
- Consistently demonstrates ability to hold company information confidential; acts with discretion.
- Able to meet HSS' driving requirements and maintain a valid driver's license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
This is a full-time position. Work hours will vary depending on the needs of the company. Workweeks may exceed 40 hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Environment may be fast paced and stressful. Approximately 5-10% local and domestic overnight travel is required and may include one or more of the following: Day and/or Overnight, by plane and/or car.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will spend approximately 75% of the time sitting and will walk or sit 25% of the time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; occasionally the employee will stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis, and formulation. While visiting client locations, individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, chemicals, bodily fluids, and other conditions commonly found in customer environments. Able to drive a vehicle.
HSS job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Proposal Coordinator
Requisition Number: 19-18503
EEO Employer Verbiage: