BioMed Network & Security Field Technician
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 25930
Evaluates and makes recommendations on how to best maintain medical device software and related application to ensure availability and security. Designs and implements device monitoring, patch management, and risk assessments and provides oversight of clinical engagement and life cycle support to meet business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Works with manufacturers to implement configurations, patches, and best practices surrounding each device.
- Investigates and resolves software issues on medical devices when appropriate.
- Performs periodic maintenance activities and hardware and/or software installs and upgrades.
- Serves as a conduit between health system information technology and medical equipment to translate requirements, make recommendations, and ensure they are implemented.
- Reviews medical device configurations.
- Evaluation of hardware and software applications as it relates to medical devices.
- Assists with the recommendation of hardware and software solutions the organization uses in support of medical devices.
- Monitors notifications responds to system outages.
- Travels to remote sites for testing, troubleshooting, installing and maintaining equipment.
- Is aware of, adheres to, and ensures compliance with controls associated with HIPAA privacy and security rules.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stays abreast of advances in technology.
- Supports other team members as needed.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- Participates in training sessions, joint and group projects, conducts independent research, and other available methods to stay current with network security.
- Associates of Science Degree, preferably in Information Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certifications in one or more; HCISSP, CISSP, SSCP preferred
- CISA, OR GSNA certifications desired
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in computer hardware and/or software installation in relation to medical devices
- Experience in medical equipment field service with proven knowledge and skill in maintaining medical equipment
- Direct work experience with Windows Operating Systems, client and/or server
- Work experience with Linux or Windows operating system preferred
- Experience assessing vulnerability announcements and implementing patches and/or other compensating cybersecurity controls
- Proficient in the use of testing instruments, devices, simulators, and tools associated with servicing medical equipment
- Understanding of LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) operation and protocols
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve equipment malfunctions
- Knowledge of quality standards from any of the following: ISO13485, 21 CF Part 820, ISO900x desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and reasoning abilities
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions in both routine and complex situations
- Ability to adapt and change based on circumstances
- Ability to work with and interact with employees, clients, prospective clients, sales representatives, vendors, and guests
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work with high degree of independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Ability to obtain/maintain driver's license and meet HSS' driving requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to sit for extended periods using computer and telephone equipment in a typical office setting. May push, pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation. May occasionally be required to physically bend, crouch, crawl, kneel, reach, or twist. Will travel on occasion by car or plane.
- This is a full-time position that may require work during the evening or on weekends both on-site or remotely and can be demanding and stressful.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: BioMed Network & Security Field Technician
Requisition Number: 20-17163
EEO Employer Verbiage: