Aviation - Operations Manager
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 24886
The Operations Manager will administer all phases of the security operation related to the assigned airport as directed by the Assistant Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Provides overall supervision and leadership to supervisory teammates.
- Implements and manages all aspects of the security program.
- Provides employee involvement/security awareness educational programs and training.
- Manages one of more of the following areas:
- Scheduling and overtime -- supervises schedulers ensuring adherence to company and contract policies and laws; monitors overtime utilization and provides guidance on how to reduce overtime.
- Manages all aspects of the on-site fleet to ensure vehicle coverage as outlined in the contract; coordinates maintenance and repairs.
- Issues and tracks keys to appropriate HSS teammates.
- Radio maintenance and repairs.
- Identifies program issues and provides suggestions impacting security operations.
- Analyzes department functions and makes changes when appropriate to increase effectiveness and productivity.
- Reviews reports and situations for potential negative impact.
- Attends management meetings with client and various client/airport stakeholders.
- Audits daily activity reports, uniform inspections, keys and other items, providing feedback and making corrections as needed.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfills the responsibilities, qualifications, competencies, and applicable duties of a Security Officer and Security Shift Supervisor when needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be Twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation Management, Security Management, Law Enforcement or a closely related field plus 3 years of experience in security management or law enforcement or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience at a Title 49 CFR Part 1542, regulated airport.
- Thorough understanding of the operations requirements of each post.
- Certification through The American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) Airport Certified Employee (ACE) designation for Security is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong verbal skills as well as a high attention to detail as this position deals directly with all levels.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to meet HSS' driving standards if applicable.
- Ability to work and interact with a variety of people including, but not limited to, HSS employees, client employees, visitors, and the general public.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language proficiently.
- Ability to write detailed reports and correspondence.
Proficient in basic computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and email with the ability to learn other programs such as security incident management software and/or client specific software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing this job, individual will walk, stand, sit, observe and drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision. Ability to drive a vehicle.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Aviation - Operations Manager
Requisition Number: 19-19220
EEO Employer Verbiage: