Dispatcher - Security Operations Center
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 24679
Dispatcher -- Security Operations Center
The Dispatcher is an essential component of the HSS Security Operations Center (SOC) which operates 24 hours a day and seven days a week. The SOC provides critical on-demand service to HSS customers through centralized coordination of all security services. As the first point of contact for HSS clients, the successful candidate will be able to balance excellent customer service with the ability to handle emergency situations quickly and decisively. The Dispatcher will be responsible for the safety and security of multiple healthcare facilities in multiple US States. Specific responsibilities include: emergency and non-emergency call taking, intrusion and duress alarm monitoring, and viewing CCTV footage from multiple locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Answers, documents, and dispatches all incoming calls for Security Services according to established protocols in a prompt manner.
- Thoroughly and accurately documents/enters all calls to enable security officers to complete their duties within the established time frames.
- Monitor CCTV footage from multiple facilities and perform regular "virtual patrols" of said facilities. Report any irregularities to the appropriate security personnel.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and adheres to established dispatch protocols at all times
- Follows specific procedures for individual facilities.
- Monitors and dispatches alarms that terminate into the SOC.
- Makes notifications as quickly as possible to prevent injury to employees or damage and loss of property to clients.
- Assists with scheduling when central scheduling is off duty in order to keep all facilities properly staffed.
- Monitors and answers emergency help phones and access control systems at client facilities.
- Reports all system problems in a timely fashion.
- Works and interacts with other employees, drivers, officers, customers, supervisors, guests, medical personnel, and possibly patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides SOC with on call support as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of customer service and/or call center experience
- Previous dispatch or security experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- Clear and effective phone skills
- Proficiency with office computers and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 wpm
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent customer service aptitude
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to sit for extended periods using computer and telephone equipment in a typical office setting. May lift and carry up to 10 lbs. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Dispatcher - Security Operations Center
Requisition Number: 19-19009
EEO Employer Verbiage: