Assistant Security Program Manager - Denver Government Services
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 24455
Assist the Security Director with managing the operational and administrative functions and personnel for the assigned location. Serves as the primary site leader representing HSS and is responsible for exercising sound business approaches, fiduciary acumen and embracing he culture, mission and objectives of HSS Inc.
- Manages personnel time and attendance, employee scheduling, accounts receivable/payable tracking, developing and producing reports and presentations, participation in the development and implementation of training drills, exercises, risk assessments, and the tracking of employee training compliance.
- Provides leadership expertise to the management team of the site by mentoring, leading by example and developing future HSS leaders. This includes AGS team members as well as other associated HSS departments (e.g., Human Resources, Information Technology, Recruiting).
- Helps develop and implements policies and procedures deemed as necessary by HSS and/or the client. Acts as the "change agent" for new programs and encourages and supports other managers, supervisors and team members to comprehend and adapt to cultural and Assists in developing, recommending and coordinating the implementation of new procedures for the assigned functions (e.g., competency tests, Post Orders).
- Ensures the performance evaluation program for all site team members are administered in accordance with corporate, AGS and site requirements. Monitors and documents performance of direct reports and provides ongoing feedback and performs a formal evaluation at least annually.
- Responds to formal and informal grievances and/or complaints. Directs or conducts preliminary discussions and investigations as necessary. Issues and monitors Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) and other team member discipline as necessary.
- Resolves problems encountered by team members during the course of the work day.
- Responds to calls from team members, stakeholders or client for emergencies, incidents and/or customer service issues.
- Analyzes data used to measure effectiveness, productivity and profitability and in conjunction with AGS leadership, establishes critical goals and other key performance indicators (KPI) to drive HSS and client business objectives.
- Champions a positive team member culture through leading by example, encouraging an "I Feel Valued" atmosphere and recognizing employees through personal interactions and HSS reward programs as appropriate.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiates and strengthens a positive and collaborative working relationship with the client and other site stakeholders and partners. Develops and maintains a strong relationship with HSS corporate departments and team members as well as with sub-contractors, vendors and others.
- Demonstrates a "continual learning" approach by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies to build professional and technical expertise.
- Exhibits excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office, internal scheduling and invoicing software, Learning Management Software (LMS), and other technology as required.
- Partners with transition team leaders during new client start-ups and/or expansion to assist with interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training and other logistics for the successful deployment of new team members.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform duties while maintaining a high degree of judgment, discretion, integrity and confidentiality.
- This job description is not all encompassing and the position will be required to perform other related work as requested and required.
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Expresses ideas and facts to individual or groups effectively; makes clear and convincing oral presentations, listens to others, facilitates an open exchange of ideas.
- Expresses facts and ideas in writing in a succinct, organized and professional manner.
- Identifies and analyzes problems; uses sound reasoning to arrive at conclusions; finds alternative solutions to complex problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical judgments.
- Considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of others, adjusts approaches to suit different people and situations.
- Demonstrates belief in own abilities and ideas; is self-motivated and results-oriented; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback from others and opportunities for self-learning and development.
- Manages group process; encourages and facilities cooperation, pride, trust and group identity; fosters commitment and tam spirit; works with others to achieve goals.
Managing Diverse Workforce:
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, and other individual differences in the workforce; manages workforce diversity.
- Manages and resolves conflicts, confrontations, and disagreements in a positive and constructive manner to minimize negative personal impact.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation Management, Criminal Justice, Security, Business Administration, Management or a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in an aviation-related occupation (e.g., airline, civilian/military airport) and ten (10) years of supervisory/management experience.
- A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirement.
Licensure and/or Certification:
- Possession of a valid Driver's license at time of application.
- Airport Certified Employee (ACE) -- Security designation from the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) or ability to obtain it within six (6) months of hire or promotion.
- Security Officer/Guard License (as required by State)
- Able to learn HSS value added services in order to identify opportunities to expand HSS solutions to address more comprehensive set of client needs.
ADDITIONAL PREFFERED QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced degree (e.g., Masters) in Aviation Management, Criminal Justice, Security, Business Administration, Management, etc.
- American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) accreditation (A.A.E) or Certified Member (CM) status
- National Incident Command Systems (NIMS) Independent Study (IS) Courses
- IS 100 (Introduction to Incident Command System)
- IS 700 (National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction)
- IS 775 (EOC Management and Operations)
- IS 800 (National Response Framework, An Introduction)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This is a full-time position. Work hours will vary depending on the needs of the company and its clients. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Environment may be fast paced and stressful.
- While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to sit for extended periods using computer and telephone equipment in a typical office setting. May also spend time walking and standing. May lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Frequently engages in mental concentration, analysis and formulation. May be required to work in adverse weather conditions (e.g., heat, rain, wind, snow) and be exposed to chemicals, bodily fluids, and other conditions commonly found in client environments. Must be able to drive a vehicle.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Security Program Manager - Denver Government Services
Requisition Number: 19-18917
EEO Employer Verbiage: