Part-Time Armed Police Officer - Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital
Location: San Antonio, Texas US
Job Number: 19216
Security- Off Duty Police Officer
The off duty Armed Police Officer (APO) is responsible for the protection of the facility's assets, people and programs. The APO establishes a positive Security image by being highly visible and vigilant to fire, health and safety hazards as well as criminal threats. The APO takes immediate corrective actions and/or deficiencies to minimize the potential for harm. The APO maintains a close working relationship with hospital employees to provide a safe and secure environment.
Armed officer consists or carrying and the use of a self-defensive weapon such as a Taser or handgun.
- Supports the hospital's safety and security management program in an attempt to provide a safe and secure physical environment.
- Assists all hospital patients, visitors and employees with dignity and respect and acknowledges their needs in a timely manner.
- The APO conduct demonstrates compliance with and reporting of suspected violations of relevant laws and regulations, the facility's policies and procedures.
- Provides preventative patrols in the area in and around the Emergency Department.
- Assists hospital staff with the enforcement of Emergency Detention Orders (ED) when appropriate.
- Provides emergency communication between the hospital and the police department during emergency situations.
Healthcare facilities and free standing Emergency Departments.
Reports to the Security Program Manager.
- Must be a police academy graduate
- Must be an employed, sworn and commissioned police officer with a local law enforcement agency
- Documentation of ongoing law enforcement training as required by the Law Enforcement Agency.
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training.
- Knowledge in basic security principles.
- Skill in presenting oneself as being of high quality character.
- Skill in remaining courteous in difficult situations.
- Skill in communicating clearly and effectively in English.
- Skill in writing clear, concise and comprehensive reports.
- Ability to maintain excellent grooming standards.
- Ability to remain in good physical condition to respond to daily rigors of the job.
- Ability to operate electronic security equipment.
- Only specific department approved firearms, batons and pepper foam may be carried as duty weapons by officers certified to carry the specific weapons.
- Off duty police officers are allowed to carry as duty service firearms only those caliber firearms that have successfully completed the qualification training with through a department approved program. Under no circumstances shall an off duty officer be allowed to carry an unauthorized firearm or other unauthorized weapon.
- Authorized holsters must have a minimum Level II retention capability.
- Only hollow point ammunition will be approved to carry in duty service firearm. Absolutely no reloads, remanufactured, alterations or modifications of any kind to ammunition is permitted.
City: San Antonio
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Antonio, Texas US
Community / Marketing Title: Part-Time Armed Police Officer - Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital
Requisition Number: 18-18833
EEO Employer Verbiage: