Business Development Representative - Medical Equipment Management - Denver CO
Location: Denver, Colorado US
Job Number: 24131
The primary goal of the business development associate is the active pursuit and follow through of direct sales and marketing activities for the entire portfolio of MEM products and services. Plan and carry out direct marketing and sales activities. Responsibilities of this position include the identification of new opportunities through various channels while demonstrating exceptional follow through and a high closure rate. The ideal candidate must work with a high degree of autonomy and must provide a high level of customer service while demonstrating consultative selling abilities and collaborative teamwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
* Represent HSS' full line of products and services to a broad span of customers in the Healthcare space.
* Generate and follow up on sales leads through "warm" and "cold" target lists and databases.
* Systematically target and acquire new customers and maintain/penetrate existing customers by growing additional service offerings.
* Identify, qualify, and consistently close business with a high degree of forecast accuracy.
* Create and deliver sales quotations and business proposals to existing and prospective customers.
* Interface in a consultative manner with a various range of healthcare departments and organizational levels.
* Effectively communicate and interact with internal colleagues, including Admin. dept, Operations dept., Field Service Engineers (FSEs) and other internal stakeholders in joint business development efforts.
* Assist with the resolution of disputes or major issues with existing customers.
* Contribute to marketing/sales efforts aimed at cultivating new business, support and attend regional/national tradeshows.
* Provide competitive information to management and strategically position the Company within accounts.
* Attends various corporate-required regular meetings and participates in various committees as requested by the business unit manager or customer.
* Contributes to the flow of information between corporate and department and liaise in the decision-making process lending specific field expertise to these committees.
* Maintains direct customer contact through meetings, phone calls, and emails in order to foster excellent customer relations.
* Creates monthly reports as needed.
* Works and interacts with current and prospective clients, other employees, sales representatives, vendors, medical personnel, patients, guests, and visitors.
* Provides motivational and organizational guidance and support to the defined area by leading meetings, providing updates, scheduling work-related activities, and organizing daily operations to make the defined staff knowledgeable in their field and efficient in their job tasks.
* Accurately documents and keeps detailed records of all work-related activities.
* Develop, respond to, and follow up sales opportunities by post, telephone, and personal visits.
* Prepare customer presentations and sales proposals.
* Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal business leaders and staff.
* Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
* Manage the external marketing activities of telemarketing and research as needed.
* Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
* Completes all other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Stays abreast of changes in medical equipment technology
* Assists Manager with business bookings
* Associates Degree required
* Bachelors Degree preferred
* Minimum of six months sales or associated experience required
* Minimum of 2 years healthcare sales experience preferred- including general knowledge of healthcare regulations pertaining to equipment, industry standards, codes and procedures regarding safety and HIPAA.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent presentation skills and polished businesslike presence.
* Demonstrates reliability and effective time-management skills.
* Self-driven, results-oriented with proven ability to set and achieve sales targets.
* Proficiency with computing platforms to include: Microsoft Office Suite, NetSuite, TMA, and an ability to learn and manage new software and data management systems with minimal supervision
* Reliable, tolerant, and determined
* Good presentation and businesslike
* Able to sell new offerings
* Ability to learn data management systems proficiently and operate without assistance
* Ability to perform general arithmetic
* Ability to make complex decisions within short amount of time
* Ability to perform with high degree of independent judgment, discretion, and confidentiality
* Advanced organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
* Ability to drive a vehicle for business purposes
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this position, individual may be required to stand and walk for extended periods of time working and wearing personal protective equipment in a health care or medical environment. The ability to lifting 45lbs without assistance, work in confined spaces, and at heights is required. Will use normal range of vision, hearing, and speaking. Individual may occasionally be exposed to changes in temperatures, humidity, electrical equipment, bodily fluids, pathogens, loud noise, fumes/odors, toxic or flammable chemicals and materials, and other conditions commonly found in medical environments. Individual will be required to physically climb, bend, crouch, squat, crawl, kneel, balance, reach, and twist to accomplish duties.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Denver, Colorado US
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development Representative - Medical Equipment Management - Denver CO
Requisition Number: 19-18635
EEO Employer Verbiage: